Ready to become a Visionary?Get in Touch
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, Vision is a rapidly growing (double digits) national leader in website development and software solutions for city and local government. With more than 700 clients in 44 states and Canada, Vision’s work has been recognized with over 280 awards.
As an employer, Vision offers the rare combination of the high growth culture of a growth equity-backed company along with the stability of a twenty year track record of excellence in our industry.
Our currently open positions are listed below. If you're interested in learning more about other opportunities with Vision, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Salary DOE
- Posted Date:03/30/2016 8:00 PM
Headquartered in El Segundo, CA, Vision Internet is a rapidly growing (double digits) national leader in website development and software solutions for city and local governments. As an employer, Vision Internet offers the rare combination of the high growth culture of a growth equity-backed company along with the stability of a twenty year track record of excellence in our industry.
With the release of our new Software as a Service / SaaS content management system (visionCMS6™) in 2013 and a substantial equity investment from a Santa Monica-based growth equity firm in 2014, Vision Internet is uniquely positioned to bring governments closer to their constituents than ever before. Our missions are to offer governments beautiful, high-functioning and easy to use web-based portals and software tools while empowering their constituents to be informed and involved whether they are in front of a computer or on a mobile device.
During this stage in our growth, opportunities are plentiful for the right people. We’re looking for motivated, knowledgeable, dynamic individuals to join our exciting team. We have a wide range of positions available in our Project Management department from entry level to senior. If you fit our requirements we’d love to hear from you. Even if you don’t fit all of them but know you’d blow our doors off in an interview, we’d love to hear from you, too.
- You will be heavily involved in every aspect of web site launches, from consulting with your customers on functionality and graphic design to working with our internal production/programming teams and launch/end-user training.
- As the lead on each of your projects, you will communicate with your customers to usher their visions into reality. You will help them shape and refine these visions, leveraging your expertise to deliver end products which exceed their initial concepts.
- You will manage the project budget and resource allocation, working closely with Vision’s teams of graphic designers, programmers, content migrators, trainers and account managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- You will develop, track and maintain schedules; leveraging the power of multiple in-house software tools.
- As you become more familiar with our internal processes and proprietary CMS software you will have the opportunity to mentor and guide other team members, so there are clear career paths for advancement.
- There may be some travel opportunities; some end-user trainings are conducted via WebEx while a few sessions are conducted at customer locations in a more traditional classroom environment.
- Proven track record of managing website projects in a leadership or coordination role. It would be great if you have managed resources across multiple teams during this time, as you will be interfacing with customers, graphic designers, programmers and more.
- Experience using some form of project management software like Project Insight (in use), MS Project, Liquid Planner, etc.
- Have experience with and a good feel for web usability best practices.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects.
- Some education in and/or knowledge of project management and development techniques and tools such as PMI, Prince2, etc. PMP certification is a definite plus.
- Experience using accessibility and link checking software like SortSite5, Watchfire’s Bobby, etc.
- Ability to communicate with business users, highly technical teams and facilitate understanding between the two. This will require relationship building and great oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite.
- Experience with MS Visio or other prototyping tools.
- We do not require any specific education, but all education is a plus, especially in project management, graphic design or web technologies. Our team is a wide-ranging mix in this regard.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time is desired. Most commonly this is in the form of a three day trip once a month or so.
- Full-time salary depending on experience
- Participation in our merit-based incentive plan
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance offered
- Paid vacation and holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Please reply to (email@example.com) this posting with the subject header "Project Manager Application 2016". Include a PDF resume and cover letter (can be in the email body). Consider the cover letter your opportunity to: 1) demonstrate how your experience makes you a great fit for our company and 2) get us excited to call you!
Our Company does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or ancestry in any of its policies, practices, procedures and employment.